RULES AND REGULATIONS
Kids Got Talent recognizes the ongoing and increased uncertainty that COVID-19 is causing around the world. As the situation is continuously evolving, Kids Got Talent remains committed to caring for the health and safety of our entrants, contestants, committee members and their families. With this in mind, we are taking guidance and recommendations from the Public Health Agency of Canada and local health authorities. The Contest rules, regulations, and format (in-person/online) are subject to change at any time.
The Kids Got Talent Contest is open to all youth ages 4-17 years old (ages as of April 17th, 2021), with the exception of category and grand prize winners from KGT Season 1 (2020). Assuming that the Public Health Agency of Canada and local health authorities are permitting in-person events, Kids Got Talent will be held at the Empire Theatre on Saturday February 6th, 2021 from 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm. If we are unable to host an in-person event, we will proceed with a virtual event showcased through the Empire Theatre. All contestants entering the Contest must be willing to perform in the live show (in-person or online) if selected.
Due to restrictions from the Public Health Agency of Canada and for the safety of all contestants, judges, and staff, Kids Got Talent will be proceeding with a virtual event to air on YourTV on April 17th, 2021. Contestants are required to perform and record their act to the best of their abilities and submit it for judging. Their pre-recorded acts will air on television.
HOW TO ENTER
1. Create a video showcasing your talent: singing, dancing, magic etc. Only one entry per contestant. Duplicate entries of any youth will lead to automatic disqualification.
2. Entrants must submit their submission video to our submission platform, along with their name, address, birthday and daytime phone number. Entrants must also provide a parent and/or legal guardian’s contact information (name, phone number and email) in their submission.
3. Entries for the Contest shall run from October 12, 2020 to December 4, 2020. Only entries submitted to our submission platform will be considered. All entries must be 4 minutes or less.
4. To qualify, all entries must be received on or before 12:01 p.m. (EST) on Friday December 4, 2020 through our submission platform.
VIDEO SUBMISSIONS: OCTOBER 12, 2020 TO DECEMBER 4, 2020 (12:01 P.M.)
Conditions: By participating in this Contest, contestants agree that his/her name, photograph, voice and/or image may be used in any and all forms of media, without any further compensation from CSV – Belleville.
No profanity or vulgarity in any vocal, dance, or any other performance will be allowed. No weapons, fire, smoke machines etc. This is a family, friendly, and safe environment; please be respectful.
Entrants and their parent/legal guardian must only contact the Kids Got Talent Committee through email at email@example.com. Text messages and/or Facebook messages will not be responded too. In addition, entrants and/or parents/legal guardians are not to contact the Empire Theatre about Kids Got Talent. All questions, concerns or coordination efforts should be directed to the Kids Got Talent Committee.
SELECTION OF THE TOP 20 CONTESTANTS
- A selection committee representing the Children’s Safety Village (CSV) shall review all video submissions submitted by each entrant to determine which entrants will submit acts for the show to air on April 17th, 2021.
- For the purposes of this Contest and the awarding of prizes, these rules shall govern in all respects and the decision of the CSV representatives shall be final.
- The Top 20 Contestants will be informed of the Selection Committee’s decision.
- The Contest is open to children (4 - 17 years of age) who are residents of the Bay of Quinte Region. All entrants must have the consent of his/her parent or legal guardian to submit their personal information in order to enter the Contest. In the absence of such parental or legal guardian consent, the entrant will not be able to enter the Contest. Each prize winner’s parent/guardian must sign a declaration of compliance with the Contest rules and a release in order to receive the prize components. All information obtained for this Contest will be used only for the purposes of conducting the Contest.
By entering this Contest, you agree to attend a photo shoot, live rehearsal and live performance – assuming we can safely do so. Be prepared to adapt to changes due to COVID-19 restrictions. Note: parents or legal guardians will not be allowed backstage during the live rehearsal or performance.
Due to public health restrictions and for the safety of all contestants, judges, and staff there will be no live rehearsal or live performance.
By participating in this Contest, you agree to abide by the rules and the decisions of the CSV in awarding prizes. Decisions shall be final and binding upon all contestants. Contestants who have not complied with these rules are subject to disqualification. CSV reserves the right to modify the rules, before or during the Contest, in its sole discretion, in any way at any time it deems necessary or appropriate without materially affecting the terms and conditions of this Contest. Interpretation of these Contest rules by CSV shall be final.
Personal information collected during the course of this Contest shall be used by CSV and its authorized representatives solely for the purposes of conducting the Contest and awarding prizes and will not be used or disclosed for any other purpose unless required by law.
The Grand Prize is not transferable and not redeemable for cash, and will not be extended under any circumstances and must be accepted as offered without substitution.
Children are not eligible to participate in this Contest if parents are employees of the CSV, a member on the CSV board of directors, a member of the Kids Got Talent selection committee or a Kids Got Talent judge.
By participating in this Contest, the Category Finalists and Grand Prize Winner agree that his/her name may be used in any and all forms of media, without any further compensation by CSV and waives all rights (including moral rights) with respect to printed, broadcast and other forms of publicity.
AUDITION AND LIVE PERFORMANCE
One microphone will be supplied for your performance at the live show and talent competition. (if you have other requirements we must be notified in advance; such as additional microphones or cables for instruments).
All contestants must provide their own recorded music, instruments, props, etc. Recorded music and/or soundtracks must be provided in an MP3 format.
All music files must be saved as: your first and last name or artist name title of song example: michael jackson_beat it. Email your music file to: firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31st, 2021. Please include in your email: your first and last name (stage name if you have one) phone number, and preferred e-mail address; in case we need to reach you about your track(s).
Your submission video and talent competition track can not contain any lead vocals (we need to hear your voice live). All performers in your submission video must be between the ages of 4 to 17 and reside in the Bay of Quite Region.
All contestants must submit their recorded performance by March 1st, 2021. Submissions must be emailed to email@example.com.
ATTIRE - REQUIREMENTS
1. Attire must be respectable, tasteful, and age appropriate.
2. Entrants are required to dress to impress with costumes or wardrobe appealing for filming.
3. Entrants are required to be camera ready, (hair, makeup and wardrobe). This applies to your audition and live performance.
ADDITIONAL - REQUIREMENTS
1. Contestants are required to attend sound check (live rehearsal).
2. Contestants will require final approval by the talent showcase organizers.
3. All recorded music must be submitted for final approval, by January 30th, 2021.
4. Changes to online submissions will not be allowed. Make sure your audition performance is what you will be performing for the live show.
5. All contestants will be required to sign a photo release and a liability waiver upon live performance.
1. All pre-recorded acts must be submitted by March 1st, 2021.
2. Acts will require final approval by the talent showcase organizers.
3. Changes to submissions will not be allowed after March 1st, 2021 unless for technical reasons.
JUDGING AT LIVE SHOW
Contestants will be judged on the following during the “Kids Got Talent” show on February 6th, 2021.
- Overall Performance
- Audience Response (if event is in-person and allows for audience)
- Stage Presence
- Time Limit
Contestants' pre-recorded acts will be judged on the following by the judging panel on March 14th, 2021.
1. Overall Performance
2. Stage Presence
5. Time Limit
There will be one Grand Prize and three Category Finalist prizes.
Ages 4-10: Category Finalist – prize valued at $500
Ages 11-17: Category Finalist – prize valued at $500
Groups (2-10 youth): Category Finalist – prize valued at $500
Grand Prize Winner – Overall Talent – separate from the Category Finalists –prize valued at $1000
All participates will receive a "Kids Got Talent Showcase Certificate" for their participation. Prizes are not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded.
CSV is not responsible for incorrect and/or inaccurate entry, registration, entry information or any factor which may affect a person's ability to participate in the Contest. This includes but is not limited to: human error, lost or misdirected entries for whatever reason, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed/corrupted data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof, any inability to access the site, or damage to a user's system occasioned by participating in the Contest, and entries which fail to fully comply with these rules and regulations.