Commencing Tuesday, October 1st, and ending on Saturday, February 8th 2020, entrants may enter the Children’s Safety Village (CSV) Talent Contest (the “Contest”) at: https://www.facebook.com/csvbelleville/ No purchase necessary.
Contest is open to all youth ages 4-16 (ages as of Feb. 8th, 2020)
KIDS got talent show will be held at the empire theatre – saturday, feb. 8th, 2020 1:00-4:00 pm. All contestants entering this contest must be willing to perform in the live show if selected.
HOW TO ENTER
1. Create a video showing your talent: singing, dancing, magic etc Only one entry per contestant.
2. Entrants must send their entry to CSV Facebook platform along with the entrants name, address, daytime phone number, the child’s name, and confirmation the child is between the ages of 4 and 16 and the person entering the child is the parent or legal guardian of the child. Entries for the contest shall run from December 1st, 2019 to Saturday, January 4th, 2020.
3. To qualify, all entries must be received on or before 12:01 p.m. (EST) on Saturday, January 4th.
VIDEO SUBMISSIONS: December 1st, 2019 till january 4th, 2020 (12:01 P.M.)
Conditions: By participating in this Contest, the Prizewinner agrees that his/her name, photograph, voice and/or image may be used in any and all forms of media, without any further compensation from CSV – Belleville.
No profanity or vulgarity in any vocal, dance, or any other performance will be allowed. No weapons, fire, smoke machines etc. This is a family, friendly safe environment, please be respectful.
SELECTION OF TOP 20 CONTESTANS TO PERFORM AT LIVE SHOW – SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 8TH, 2020
- A committee representating CSV shall review the videos submitted by each entrant to determine which entrants will perform at the Live Show on Saturday, February 8th, 2020.
- For the purposes of this Contest and the awarding of prize, these Rules shall govern in all respects and the decision of CSV representatives shall be final.
- Top 20 contestants will be informed by January 11, 2020.
- The Contest is open to children (i.e. 4 - 16 years of age) who are residents of the Bay of Quinte Region. All entrants must have the consent of his/her parent or legal guardian to submit their personal information in order to enter the Contest. In the absence of such parental or legal guardian consent, the entrant will not be able to enter the Contest. Each Prizewinner’s parent/guardian must sign a declaration of compliance with the contest rules and a release in order to receive the prize components. All information obtained for this Contest will be used only for the purposes of conducting the Contest.
By entering this contest, you agree to attend a photo shoot, live rehearsal and live performance.
By participating in this Contest, you agree to abide by these Rules and the decisions of CSV in awarding the Grand Prize, which decisions shall be final and binding upon all entrants. Entrants who have not complied with these Rules are subject to disqualification. CSV reserves the right to modify the Rules, before or during the Contest, in its sole discretion, in any way at any time it deems necessary or appropriate without materially affecting the terms and conditions of this Contest. Interpretation of these Contest rules by CSV shall be final.
Personal information collected during the course of this Contest shall be used by CSV and its authorized representatives solely for the purposes of conducting the Contest and awarding prizes and will not be used or disclosed for any other purpose unless required by law.
The Grand Prize is not transferable and not redeemable for cash, will not be extended under any circumstances and must be accepted as offered without substitution.
Children are not eligible to participate in this Contest if parents are employees of CSV, Board of Directors, Selection Committee or Judges.
By participating in this Contest, the Category and Grand Prize Winners agree that his/her name may be used in any and all forms of media, without any further compensation by CSV and waives all rights (including moral rights) with respect to printed, broadcast and other forms of publicity.
AUDITION AND LIVE PERFORMANCE
One microphone will be supplied for your performance at the live show and talent competition. (if you have other requirements we must be notified in advance; such as additional microphones or cables for instruments).
All acts must provide their own recorded music, instruments, props, etc.
All music files must be saved as: your first last name or artist name title of song example: michael jackson_beat it. Email your music file to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In advance. Include in your submission: your first & last name (stage name if you have one) phone number & e-mail address; in case we need to reach you about your track(s)
Your audition and talent competition track can not contain any lead vocals. (we need to hear your voice live.
ATTIRE - REQUIREMENTS
1. Attire must be respectable, tasteful, and age appropriate. No logos!!
2. Participants are required to dress to impress with costumes or wardrobe appealing for filming.
3. Participants are required to be camera ready, (hair, makeup and wardrobe). This applies for your audition and live performance.
ADDITIONAL - REQUIREMENTS
1. Top 20 finalists are required to attend sound check (live rehearsal).
2. Top 20 finalists will require final approval by the talent showcase organizers.
3. Note: all music tracks must be submitted for final approval, by January 15th, 2020.
4. No changes to music selection will be allowed after January 15th, make sure your audition performance is what you will be performing on the showcase date.
5. All acts (individuals) will be required to sign a photo release and a liability waiver upon submission.
JUDGING AT LIVE SHOW
Talents will be judged on the following during the “Kids Got Talent” show on February 8th, 2020.
3. Stage presence
4. Vocal delivery
5. Song arrangement
6. Group/working together
8. Interpretation of dance
There will be one Grand Prize and three category prizes. Note: Any adult accompanying an entrant does not qualify for any prize.
Ages 4-10: Category Winner – prize valued over $100
Ages 11-16: Category Winner – prize valued over $100
Groups of 3 or more – Category Winner – prize valued over $100
Grand Prize Winner – Overall Talent – separate from the category winners –prize valued over $500
All participates will receive a "kids got talent showcase certificate" for their participation. Prizes are not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded.
CSV is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry or registration or entry information or any factor which may affect a person's ability to participate in the Contest, including but not limited to human error, lost or misdirected entries for whatever reason, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed/corrupted data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof, any inability to access the site, or damage to a user's system occasioned by participating in the Contest, and entries which fail to fully comply with these